A custom suit is an investment in your appearance and personal style. A well-made, properly-fitted suit can elevate any outfit, and can last for years with proper care. However, caring for a custom suit can be a bit more involved than caring for a store-bought suit. Here are some tips for caring for your custom suit so that it looks and feels its best for years to come.
- Rotate your suits: It’s important to have more than one suit in your wardrobe, so that you can rotate them and allow them to rest between wears. This will help to prevent wrinkles and prolong the life of your suit.
- Hang your suit properly: When you’re not wearing your suit, it should be hung on a wooden hanger in a well-ventilated area. Avoid using wire hangers, as they can cause creases in the fabric. Make sure that the suit is not crowded in your closet, as this can cause it to lose its shape.
- Brush your suit regularly: Use a soft-bristled clothes brush to remove any dust or debris from your suit. This will help to keep the fabric looking fresh and new.
- Spot clean stains: If you get a stain on your suit, spot clean it immediately. Use a clean, damp cloth to blot the stain, and then allow the area to air dry. If the stain is particularly stubborn, you may need to take your suit to a professional cleaner.
- Dry clean sparingly: Dry cleaning can be harsh on custom suits, so it’s best to avoid it whenever possible. If you do need to have your suit dry cleaned, choose a reputable cleaner that specializes in custom suits. Be sure to ask about their cleaning process, and whether they use harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric.
- Steam your suit: If your suit gets wrinkled, use a steamer to gently remove the wrinkles. Avoid using an iron, as the heat can damage the fabric. If you don’t have a steamer, you can hang your suit in the bathroom while you take a hot shower – the steam will help to remove wrinkles.
- Store your suit properly: When you’re not wearing your suit for an extended period of time, it should be stored in a breathable garment bag. This will help to protect it from dust and moisture.
A custom suit is not just a piece of clothing, it’s an extension of your personality and style. And just like your personality, it deserves to be cared for and nurtured. Proper care will not only preserve the life of your suit but also maintain its original beauty and elegance.Master tailor Walid nassar
Caring for a custom suit requires a bit more effort than caring for a store-bought suit, but the results are well worth it. With proper care, your custom suit will look and feel its best for years to come, helping you to look your best on any occasion.